Land Rover Piglet HVPK

HARD TARGET

Hello, planning to start my next project when the weather warms up a bit, would anybody know where i could lay my hands on a copy of the fitting instructions for the HVPK Armour to a 109" S111, any drawings would be especially helpful to identify any other bits I may be missing.

many thanks Paul

I may be able to help you Paul. There are getting on for 200 types of individual components in the kit, most are identified with a FV number. If you can read the FV number I can tell you where they should go or if you have picture of an unknown item I may be able to identify it. Shame I didn't know about your project earlier, as 6 months ago I used to live in Wiltshire.

Hello Clive,

thanks for the response, yes shame you are not in the county now, i have been collecting bits of the kit for some time and now have enough to make a start when the base vehicle arrives, hopefully in the spring.

I managed to get a close look at a complete piglet last year and took lots of photos but I'm not sure about the two-part plate that covers the bulkhead there appears to be spacers between the plate and the bulkhead, should of paid more attention at the time. also when the time comes, fitting the large plates to the side of the rear tub, was there a drawing or pattern for drilling the holes in the correct place do you know?

Paul

Unfortunately there are no instructions for fitting the kit to a virgin vehicle. It was an evolution of kits with the starting point of a vehicle already fitted with GRP VPK. Some of it was removed & the FV984568 kit fitted but this happened in a series of staged upgrades starting in 1980 to 1982.

Somewhere I have the EMERs for fitting the original VPK. The best thing to do is to see what I have got & photo the bits you want. I will be at Overlord Show near Portsmouth & later Bovington Tankfest, which will be about as near as I get to you.